Pre Natal Massage

Hello mommies, I need advice — is pre natal massage necessary to do? How many sessions do you take? Any recommendations (prefer to be less expensive)? #firstpreganancy #ftm

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's not necessary but nice to have! I went for a trial session and decided to take up 5 sessions. In 2nd trimester I went once every 3 to 4 weeks but in 3rd trimester I went every 1 to 2 weeks due to backaches. I personally like massages and it helps to relief my backaches so I just decided to splurge and pamper myself a bit. I went with Beauty Mums & Babies for my prenatal massages and I enjoyed my sessions there.

Read more

I did not think I needed it but at third trimester everything was heavy and backache started! So I went for a pre natal massage. Felt so good! If you have the means why not. If not it’s really quite pricy, keep a look out for discounts and sales at baby fair or even online! Some places have trials too before you buy a package.

Read more

Worth to give prenatal massage a shot in 3rd trimester to release the knots. I did 1 prenatal massage and masseuse say i dont really need 1 since my body didnt have any water retention. Go for prenatal massage if your masseuse can tell you how your body is doing and what needs to be done before actual delivery

Read more

I enjoy frequent massage even before my pregnancy and did frequent massage in JB minimally every month until the week I gave birth. Reduced a lot of pain and discomfort every time I went, as my pelvis a slightly out of alignment due to my loose ligaments and baby sitting near my back.

Didn’t do any prenatal massages to save cost but definitely good to go for 1-2 sessions as the backaches and shoulder aches are 😵. I didn’t have the extra budget so I only opted for postnatal.

up to individual. not necessary but if can afford and u really have bad back ache then go for it. i didnt do any as i only started having back ache at ard 33 weeks and i wanna save money. lol

I guess it’s not as necessary compared to post partum massage but more of pampering! I went once as my back was aching and it felt better!

At least 2. I did once during week 20 and the other time on week 32. Really relax my muscles and reduce water retention

I think post natal is more important. Ive tried prenatal and i didnt think it helped in anything

didn't do prenatal massages, prefer to save it for postnatal since massages are not cheap