Leaking Milk

Hello mommies! I am a first time mom. I have been experiencing leaking milk from my breasts for every 2 hours. How can I minimise this problem because it has been quite annoying 🥲 do I have to pump every 2 hours? Will frequent pumps increase my milk supply? I’m trying not to increase because my milk is oversupplied now. I prefer it to slow down.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello, dear mommies! Congratulations on your journey into motherhood. Experiencing leaking milk can indeed be bothersome, but there are ways to help minimize this issue without needing to pump every 2 hours. To reduce leaking milk, you can try wearing nursing pads or breast pads inside your bra to soak up any leakage and help keep you comfortable. You can also gently apply pressure to your breasts when you feel them leaking to help control the flow. Additionally, wearing a well-fitted bra that provides good support can also help reduce leaking. If you're concerned about oversupply, it's best not to pump too frequently as this can signal your body to produce more milk. Instead, try to pump or express milk only when necessary to relieve discomfort. Frequent pumping can indeed increase milk supply, so it's important to find a balance that works for you. To help slow down your milk production, you can try feeding your baby on one breast per feeding session to help regulate your supply. You can also try block feeding, where you nurse from the same breast for a set period before switching to the other breast. Remember, every mom's breastfeeding journey is different, so do what feels right for you and your baby. If you continue to experience issues, it's always a good idea to consult a lactation consultant or healthcare provider for personalized advice. If you're looking for products to help with breastfeeding, you might consider using a breast pump like this one: [link to breast pump product]. This can be helpful for managing milk supply and providing relief when needed. Wishing you all the best on your breastfeeding journey! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

Buy a milk collector that doesn’t suck to your breast. Those like a cup. Just put in your bra, and it can collect when you’re sleeping too. If you are looking to feed breast milk at least first 6 months, it is best to still pump or breast feed every 3 hours, so the supply can maintain. I have leaking milk problem during my first month but after I started work 4 months my supply drop and I regret not pumping more during early stage. Store those collected milk in a milk bag, same day milk can put together to freeze.

Read more

wear breast pads. I find lansinoh ones quite good

TapFluencer

BM collection shells

💕

💕