2nd trimester constipation

Hi mommies, i am currently 25 weeks pregnant close to the last leg of 2nd trimester and experiencing terrible constipation.. does eating fruits for breakfast everyday help? How do you curb it?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Same here :') I bought Duphalac upon consultation with the pharmacist at Unity. The medicine took about 2 to 3 days to take effect but it works. But I don't really like to take medicine so recently I tried doing these and it seemed to help: 1) Spam water 2) 1x Vitagen (less sugar) every morning (some may suggest asking for probiotics from gynae instead cuz vitagen is sweet) 3) Eat kiwi every other day (read online that it helps with constipation) but of cuz you can always try to increase more fibre intake in general!

Read more
11mo ago

how much volume did u take per day for the duphalac? i took 10ml for 2 consecutive days but dont seem to work :(

I tried a few methods: Prune juice & Yakult but didn’t work for me. In the end took probiotics (LB-30) & helps me to go toilet everyday with smooth bowels. But of coz coupled with lots of water daily. Can ping me if you are interested in the probiotics. Got some promo going on now.

my gynae prescribed me lactulose to help soften the stools, it’s been really effective so far. can get from guardian easily. https://www.guardian.com.sg/duphalac-lactulose-oral-solution-200ml/p/207000?lang=en do remember to drink lots of water for it to work as well!

11mo ago

how much vol did u take per day for it to work?

I had extremely bad constipation my last pregnancy. I took duphalac for quick relieve, then slowly tried everything else. Turns out avocado juice everyday during lunchtime works for me.

I had the same issue for my first and current pregnancy. I find taking probiotics and drinking lots of water helps. Hopefully it works the same for you. Jiayou!

Samee! But sometimes i find eating fruits make me poop more or stomach ache 😅 they just say to drink alot of water

I would say saying a lot of fruits esp bananas help! Drinking water too! My Gynae prescribed me with stools softener

If fruits doesnt help, can try forlax. My gynae prescribed me that, it wont affect the womb and the mummy☺️

Overnight oats with chia seeds for breakfast, and either a banana/papaya

Try Greek yogurt for breakfast and dragon fruits