Mom's guilt on breastfeeding

Hi, mommies. Can I check when you guys stopped breastfeeding? And how did u feel? I felt bad when I stopped and I also missed it but I think it's hard to relactate. How do I overcome this feeling :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey there, I hear you about feeling guilty when stopping breastfeeding. It's totally normal to miss that special bond with your little one. When I stopped breastfeeding, I also felt a mix of emotions - guilt, sadness, and even relief at times. One way to overcome this feeling is to remind yourself that you did your best for your baby while breastfeeding, and it's okay to stop when the time feels right for you and your child. It's important to focus on the positive moments you shared during breastfeeding and cherish those memories. If you're considering relactation but finding it challenging, don't be too hard on yourself. It's okay to explore other ways to bond with your baby and provide them with love and care. Remember, you are a great mom no matter how you choose to feed your child. Talking to other moms who have been through a similar experience can also help you feel less alone in this journey. Surround yourself with support and remember to take care of yourself too. You're doing an amazing job, mama! Stay strong and trust your instincts. ? https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I am facing this now too :( My baby is close to 3 months and i just made the decision earlier today to stop breastfeeding her. I am returning to work next month and my workplace isn’t nursing friendly and my husband has been encouraging me to stop breastfeeding (my baby doesnt latch btw so i pump the milk out). Before i came to this decision today, i have been crying for the past week cuz of the mom’s guilt. I have been told to look at the bright side of things (for e.g no diet restriction, no need to stress about pumping anymore, fed is best for baby regardless of whether bottle fed or breastfed). You are not alone. I have been feeling kinda down because of this and something led me here to see your post. Now i dont feel so alone facing this anymore. Cheer up mummy

Read more
2w ago

it's hard isn't it. worst is when we see all the stashes people had on their social media. we can do this! ??

18m (but I am a SAHM). A part of me don’t bear to stop but a part of me is really sick of the constant pumping. The moment I stopped pumping, I slept 12hrs straight and that was the best sleep in 2 years ?. What I did was to try and keep as many stash as possible so when I stop, I can continue feeding (without pumping) for at least a few more days then accepted reality ?.

Read more

I stopped bf when my baby is only 1 month old. just felt it was too tiring to continue. and my supply was very low. so I just gave up completely. no guilt at all, it for your own good as well. baby gets all the nutrition from formula as well.

My baby is about 6 weeks. As my work place not so nursing friendly, I hv decide long before baby is born tt I will not be breastfeeding when go bk work. So now I am starting to reduce freq. And will cut before I go bk to work.