Baby Crying

Hi mommies, My baby is 1 mth and 4d old. She has a lot of wind in her tummy and would mostly cry when she is awake. I could hear her tummy rumbling. She seems to be in pain whenever she needs to pass motion or wind. I tried to give her ridwind and biogaia drop but it only helps to soothe her for a short period of time. Also tried gripe water and ru yee oil but didn't work. I have brought her to the polyclinic for her 1mth check and asked for doc advise but they couldn't give any specific answer. What should I do?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Usually, after I give the ridwind, I’ll hold my baby in the positions that help her pass wind. For my baby, she needs to be in a “sitting” position, with her legs bent at the waist level. Sometimes, i’ll sit her facing me, with her legs against my tummy. Sometimes, I carry her in one arm in the sitting position (my arm’s supporting her neck). As I walk with her, somehow it helps her pass. When my LO’s neck got a bit stronger, I also sat her on my thigh, with her legs dangling. You can try placing baby on the diaper changing mat and bending the legs up and down. That can help too. Remember to keep burping baby during and after feeds to reduce the amount of wind. Hope your LO gets better soon!

Read more