Change Mattress During Pregnancy

Hello mommies, any mommy change new mattress during pregnancy? I was told not to.

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Superstitious way of saying, the chinese believe that changing mattress or even bed sheets during pregnancy might disturb the "pregnancy god" (胎神,tai sheng) so it's better not to do it... I did change my bed sheets, not mattress, during my pregnancy. But before I do it, I usually mumble "excuse me, sorry to disturb"....maybe pray first before u change your mattress if it's really necessary?

Read more

the reason not to is actually not superstition, new mattresses have chemicals infused in them, those chemicals even though might not smell like much or maybe u don’t smell it at all actually is harmful to a pregnant lady n her unborn fetus, u can read more about this on google

Is this some kind of superstitious belief cause there’s no such beliefs in some other cultures. I really am curious now. Never heard of such.. May I ask why it is best not to change to a new mattress while pregnant?

4y ago

I think as per mommy J said in below comment :(

Super Mum

I didn’t because there was no need to, but honestly, if you need to in order to sleep better, please do. Pregnancy is already so hard sometimes.

Chinese superstitious is to avoid do any physical, heavy and any dangerous household chores, have plenty of rest, eat well & sleep well.

I change it all the time because my husband is at work during weekends. Just be abit careful with ur tummy and all will be okay.

TapFluencer

Me and i regretted nearly miscarriage bedridden for 3 months. My ah ma went to pray for me cos she pantang but it helps.

Don't change unless is a must. Sometimes is better to believe though some people may think it is superstitious.

In Chinese point of view, it’s better not to change mattress during pregnancy... As it’s dangerous

superstitious saying is try not to...so depending on how pantang u re