Divorce

mine is uncontested divorce. I got my interim judgement in Jan. My lawyer told me i need to wait 3month after to get final judgement. May i know why is it taking so long. Supposed to be in April 3rd week onwards. Or do i need to patiently wait.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, if the divorce is uncontested and there is no delay in serving the divorce papers on your spouse and your spouse is co-operative, the process typically takes 5-6 months (bearing in mind that there is a mandatory 3 months period after the interim judgment is obtained to when the Court grants the final judgment for divorce.) Do follow up with your lawyer if you've already engaged one.

Read more

It may take anything from a minimum of three hearings or 6 months to one year. Time taken for Contested Divorce continues from 2 years(minimum) up to 10 years.

things like these take time and its varies from one case to another. hope everything turns out okay soon. be patient.

TapFluencer

Depending on the state in which the spouses live, uncontested divorces can take anywhere from two days to 18 months.

VIP Member

I think your lawyer will be in a better position to advise you.

VIP Member

Just be patient and go by what your lawyer advices you.