What are your simple joys in life?

Mine is filling a bottle with my breastmilk ✨ I’ve come to learn that breastfeeding is a journey and a lifestyle choice. When I decided to continue my breastfeeding journey before I get back to work, I did a lot of research, asked my BFMom friends for some tips, and studied how to maintain breast milk supply. How much milk my baby needs during the times I’m away from her (working hours), how to properly package breastmilk, and store it for future use. Fyi, breastfeeding isn’t completely free (nursing bras/tanks, nursing pads, breastmilk storage bags, electric/manual pumps, lactation supplements/treats) but it is less expensive than formulas. Exclusive breastfeeding while working is not a walk in the park, it’s not always rainbows and sunshine, it’s not a simple task, but I am happy and enjoying it. The most rewarding part of breastfeeding was knowing that MY body was able to provide my baby Selah’s nutrition and I love the calm feeling of holding her near and close to my heart, the bonding time that we had together during those sweet moments is priceless. Praise God! 🙏🏻 When I was pregnant, I prayed to God to have breast milk that could supply for my baby. Indeed it was an answered prayer. Selah is a breastfeeding baby for 9 months already, every day I am thanking God for giving me this opportunity. I’m also blessed to have a supportive husband who has been essential to the success of my breastfeeding experience, my family, most especially to Mama and Papa who takes good care of Selah while Jingo and I are working, my friends, my workplace that gives respect and support. The decision of whether to breastfeed or formula feed is a personal one (unfortunately, some of us moms don’t even have a choice to make). But always keep in mind that it doesn’t matter HOW you nourish your baby. What matters most is that you do what’s best for your baby, your mental, physical, and spiritual wellbeing. We are all disparate and at the end of the day, we are all trying our best. No one knows how to care for and love your baby quite like you! You are doing great, Mama! 🤍 #workingmom #tapvipmom #theasianparentph #pumpmamapump

What are your simple joys in life?
1 Reply
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
Super Mum

galing! 💙❤🤱🤱🤱