Approaching 40 weeks

No one mentioned how lonely, anxious, fustrated it can be when approaching EDD and seeing other mums pop one by one but I still don't have labour symptoms. It really doesn't help when people keep checking in to see if you've delivered and my own husband keep asking me everyday if I'm feeling any labour symptoms. Other mums are already discussing about breastfeeding but I'm still so lonely in the wait.. I know I should be thankful that baby is still healthy and I've more time to myself but at this point, the wait is getting so depressing.. Wondering if any Sep mums are still baking at 39/40 weeks and feeling the same? :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm in my 39 week day 5.. still no contractions and no dilation. Gynea said she will wait till 40 week day 1 and asked me to get admitted to induce labor. fingers crossed 🤞

8mo ago

coming back to update. I was admitted to induce on 24 Sep around 2pm. (edd was 23 Sep). by then no dilation. after inserting the ribbon was dilated 1 cm. I was sent to A1 ward around 5pm. Gynea broke the water at 5am, then the dilation was 3 cm. after 2 hours dilation became 4 cm. at 1pm nurse came to check and told me I will be delivering soon. gynea arrived at 1.10pm then at 1.27pm our baby came out 😄🤞