May I know if it is normal for women to have darker skin at the areas of armpits, inner thighs, etc during pregnancy? What can we do about it? Thanks.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try dry brushing before your shower or bath routine followed by a gentle body exfoliator and a rich body oil (with no harmful ingredients). After dry brushing, showering and exfoliating, I use coconut oil, calendula oil or sesame oil and massage my entire body all over, followed by a deep moisturizing body butter or lotion. Dry brushing has been used since ancient times to help circulate the blood flow in our body, rejuvenating our skin cells for a youthful look and helping rebuild the skin for a brighter glow. Many more benefits you can read upon researching. This is what helped for me! Also, get your hubby to help you massage the oil and lotion for an aromatic, sensual and loving experience 💛

Read more

Yes, darker skin in those areas due to hormone changes in time of pregnancy. Not much we can do to get rid of it. It dont work for me at least (lightening cream & wash). It will go away as soon as you have deliver your baby. Magic! Lol

Read more

It is consider normal.. i read a lot about this and i found that, most of article tell that this ks normal. You may read article in babycentre, what to expect if you want to get some explaination about it.

My inner thighs and pit have gotten darker. I hate it.. I wish I could find a home remedy or something to make it lighter again

It's normal dear, just wear a lotion... I use a snowy whitening lotion from snow white secret, it more whiten then before...

Post reply image
VIP Member

yes, all the line become darker, and there will be a line below ur belly button callled linea nigra

Yes because of hormone change. But will fade away months after delivery.

Yup me too facing the same thing.. inner thighs, armpits and also around my neck

It’s normal it will disappear (slow) after giving birth

My neck has become very dark. Any suggestions?