Tips on personal freedom for mama

Hi mamas and papas, I work full time office time and have a 18 months toddler. When working she is with my in laws. Morning and night time of weekdays and weekend are with us. I find I have almost close to 0 personal life. It’s work, admin, caretaking and repeat. Usually by end of the day I’m exhausted. Occasionally I get friends over or go out but it’s usually with my kid. Not sure if it’s a duh questions.. Any tips on how you got back some personal freedom in daily life?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mama, I am also like you, or maybe worst than you, my LO goes to infantcare and now childcare. I have close to 0 personal life too but, this phase will soon passed and they no longer need you. My take is, they grow up very very fast especially in the first few years, do enjoy and treasure these moments, when they grow up, enjoy the ME time. Occasionally I do take leave and enjoy some ME time, outing with friends on weekends are like 4-5 times a year 😂 when my LO isn’t well, she is with me 24 hours 3-5 days.

Read more

any chance your in laws or parents can help take care of your kid more? like on fri and sat so you can have some me time. I feel you. I have an 8 months old baby, and I feel like all my free time is dedicated to him. I have had very little personal time since he was born, but I have not much family support. You sound like you do, so can make use of that.

Read more

if your toddler is ok with not so familiar faces or has an early bed time, consider getting your trusted friends to babysit for a few hours so that you can unwind! if you dont want to trouble your inlaws further to babysit.

perhaps you can discuss with your in laws about looking after your toddler on certain weekends so you can spend some time for yourself being a parent is hard work so please remember to take some time off for yourself!💕

Discuss with your husband to take turns to take care. if not possible, then try let your kid to sleep early. I also went through this cycle which I don't have any personal time until my daughter sleep.

ever thought of taking leave or bringing baby for 2-3 holidays to unwind?

TapFluencer

💕