6 Replies

I'm very sorry you are gg thru this. I went thru the same during my 1st pregnancy. saw a strong heartbeat at week 6. went back at week 9 was told no more heartbeat. 1 week later started to bleed with clots and contractions. baby came out naturally, so no procedures needed. the placenta is the sign if it naturally comes out. looks like a huge blood clot. abt size of a palm. but still good to do a scan after to make sure everything is out. take time to heal and don't lose faith. I got preg 6mths after and am expecting my 2nd child now. your rainbow baby is waiting but don't rush your body. Stay strong!

I had the same experience as you except i did not have any bleeding. Went to the doc at week 9 but baby measured at week 7 with no heartbeat. I heard a strong heartbeat at week 6. I then took blood test that day and 2 days later to see if my hcg was going up. As my hcg was falling, doc confirmed that it was a missed miscarriage. maybe you want to take a blood test to confirm. take care and don’t lose heart! ❤️

If you’re current gynae is not from kkh. I do suggest going over to KKH Urgent O&G located at B1. They can do some tests for you. Including taking blood test on 2 days to determine if there’s a rise or drop in your HCG level. On top of the usual scan. All the best! Try to head down quickly as they are open 24hrs.

I had the same experience May 2020. I was supposed to be 8 weeks pregnant but baby only 6 weeks and no heartbeat. It was diagnosed as spontaneous miscarriage. Mine did not come out despite bleeding clots as well so they had to do D&C. I didn’t go to A&E but went to private clinic as they can do it there 😞

there’s a possibility that can’t hear heartbeat via abdomen ultrasound cos it’s too small. but if it helps u get a peace of mind, get a second opinion from another private gp. don’t go a&e - long waiting time for u and it’s not an emergency

pls go to kkh urgent o&g. they can check if ur cervix is open or close. and if got heartbeat previously, do transvaginal scan can see if still have heartbeat a not.

Trending Questions

Related Articles