Comfort latch

Any mama know how to remove LO from comfort latching? LO is 7m old and she need to suck on my nipples to sleep peacefully, whenever I try to remove she will suck harder to stop me from removing it. Not only during afternoon naps but also at night. And when she finally remove herself from my nipple it only takes her 15-20mins to find my nipple again while still sleeping if she can’t, she would be awaken. Arghhhhhh in this case I can’t get anything done in the house any mamas have any advice? Btw she’s not sleep trained. So she do not have the skill of soothing herself back to sleep. And no she rejected the pacifier or soothies.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, I can understand how comfort latching can sometimes be a problem for you especially when you have a million things to do 😩 Have you tried baby wearing while latching? Having lots of skin to skin also may help replacing the comfort latching The good news is that developmentally, baby will grow out of it - the nights are long but the days are very short. Here’s a really great read about comfort latching and how it’s been scientifically proven to be beneficial to our LOs: https://kellymom.com/bf/normal/comfortnursing/ I found the Q&A really good too. Hang in there mama. You’re almost there :)

Read more