Play pen - baby frames? Conflicted...

My LO is turning 9mths old and she is increasingly trying to learn how to stand by holding onto things. Is it necessary to get a play pen or those bulky plastic things to secure an area for her play area? My house is really small to have those bulky plastic thingys. Can anyone share how you ensure your child has a safe area to play once they begin walking?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Our neighbor blessed us those playpen but our girl doesn’t like to be confined.. ended up she free roam in the house.. she used to hold on furniture and push walker when she starts to stand and learn to walk, just child proof some sharp corners. She is growing up fine so far, now coming to 22 months, still free roaming, jumping and running... just ensure that I can always see what she is doing/playing. Close other rooms/toilet doors when I am cooking, so that she will just play in the living room where I can see her from the kitchen.

Read more
VIP Member

I got a plastic playpen with 8 panels attached. It cane with activity panel so can keep my daughter occupied!