anyone whose LO has been diagnosed with hearing loss?

My LO passed his newborn hearing test. But now at 6-months, he failed his hearing test (OAE) twice and we are now waiting for a more detailed test (SSEP). Super anxious and worried... Wondering if we did something that caused his sudden hearing loss...

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’m facing the same as well, she passed her NB test but at 6months, she failed her test. This is just the first time. I asked for advises from my mummy friends, and actually all of them told me to monitor since we are the ones who face the baby daily. My girl turns when being called, gets startled when there’s a loud noise and will stir awake when I accidentally step on something that makes a small noise. I don’t think that’s a hearing loss? Also the fact that 6 months old babies are very distracted with their surroundings. Many of the mummies also said their child failed the test and end up growing totally fine. For peace of mind I guess the tests can be done.

Read more
2y ago

Hi there. I know your post was 2 yrs ago and was wondering hows. hi our LO doing now and whether he pass the detailed test? 'm facing the same issue. Thanks.

Super Mum

All e best