Hearing loss?

My little one is at her 4months now. I feel she doesn’t response to our calling .. pass her NB test tho . My dogs barks and it doesn’t bothers her … anyone have the same experience ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, I have a 5 months old baby girl and 2 dogs. My baby is never bothered by the dogs barking, even if she is asleep and the dogs barks she won't even flinch. But she responds to us calling her i.e. she'll turn to look at us when we call her and she'll turn to her rattle toy when we shake it too. Does your baby respond to you when you're calling her or turn her head towards a sound making toy? If so then she should be fine.

Read more

Take a rattle toy or something and shake it left to right see whether she follows. She may not be bothered by dog barks bec in tummy they are used to listen to them. It may instead be a kind of comfort sound to her. Bec both my babies aren’t disturb by my dogs barking as well. Well until they grow older they will change

Read more

I would suggest you to check with doctor for further assessment pertaining this issue. They can better advice on your conditions of your child. This may help to clear your doubt away.

It’s not normal for 4months baby. It’s good suggestion by Eva to consult with expert and get diagnose at early stage.

VIP Member

Best see doctor. They can do hearing test.