Help needed

My lo is going to 19 months . She only say mama mum, mum, papa,baba. Is this normal. She eat very little oso. Drinking 4 to 5 time milk a day. She eat fruit oso. How can I help her to talk more.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Seems like your LO might be drinking too much milk. At 19 months, you can try to cut down to 3 milk sessions a day. For me, i offered milk in the morning when wake up, before afternoon nap, and before bedtime. LO should have more appetite for solids if you cut down on milk. Also try to offer a variety of food, as she may be bored of the same food if you have always been giving her the same few options. As for talking, every child progresses differently. If your child can understand, but just doesn’t talk, then I wouldn’t be worried. Continue to talk, sing, read books to her everyday and im sure she will start talking in the next few months.

Read more

3 times of milk will be enough. then can feed more solids. my boy start talking more at 24 mths and now at 27.5 mths talking nonstop but pronunciation for some words still not good... sometime just feel like muting him

Super Mum

Don't give her so much milk and she will surely eat more food. 4-5 times a day is too much. Give her some time and continue to talk, sing and read to her. She should be able to talk more soon.

keep talking and reading to her..give her time..soon she'll be talking non stop

VIP Member

Read books or show & describe pictures. It will help her to talk more