What age do toddler dress and undress themselves?

My LO is 30months and still doesn’t know how to dress and undress. we also do it for him. is it a cause of concern ?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think if you haven't been exposing your kid to this because thus far you've always been doing this for the child, then no worries - but if you've been encouraging and they still aren't able simple things like pulling their pants down, then there may be concern. I'd encourage them to do some of the more simple tasks which you can also prepare - like putting on socks - I used to scrunch up the sock a bit so it was easy for them to put in. That said I had one kid who was early and one kid who was late-ish and both of them are fine in the long run.

Read more
TapFluencer

With exposure (often in cc setting), usually at 3yo can pull down and pull up pants. Some can do it at 24mths. With exposure. Without exposure, some 4yo usually will have the initiative to want to do it themselves. That's when u know they're ready and you will teach them how to dress up. By then, their motor skills also good already. Overall, I'd say don't worry. Every child picks up differently. U just need to look for signs that your child is ready for a new skill or not and teach/intro accordingly. 😊😊

Read more

my toddler is the same age. he can pull down his pants on his own but needs help with taking off tops (just the arms part then he will take off himself). me and hubby practice letting him be independent as we feel that it's the right age. even if we help him with something, we will show him how it's done step by step & let him continue finishing it. but , as other mentioned , each kid has different milestones so don't worry too much about it!

Read more
VIP Member

I don’t think you need to worry about it. This totally depends from child to child. Some are just more curious and active and want to do it themselves so learn it sooner. Some take their own sweet time.

My LO is going 17 months but she alr undress herself (top n btm, sometimes even diapers) herself. 🤦🏽‍♀️🤷🏼‍♀️

isn't tht bit too early? My boy only started to learn/ wan to do it himself around 4yr old

1y ago

I nvr brought my boy to any assessment. Every child grows differently after all. They will/want to do it when they are ready. Don worry too much mummy

Curious to know