My LO is 3 months old and has been drinking ebm from the bottle and I try to latch her on occasional as she couldn't latch on well initially. Recently, she refused to drink from the bottle. She cries and screams very loudly whenever we try to feed her from the bottle and only wants to latch on. Anyone knows why is this so? I thought when we give baby the bottle they wouldn't want to latch on anymore. Now I need to go back to work soon. How do I get her to accept the bottle again?

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had that issue previously with my LO. At first I thought it was the bottles, changed bottles and teats but still the same. Then I thought it was the milk, tried giving her at different temperature but it was the same. In the end, we found out that it was reflux. My LO was hiccuping daily, spits out milk after every meal though little. But the pronounced thing was she would start to cry whenever she saw the bottle or when we try to position her in the bottle feeding position. She latched on really well at night. Anyway, we bought her to her PD and sought treatment. She's now drinking well, 120ml every 3 hrs. Also, we burp her often and sit her up for 15 mins after each meal. Does your LO have the same symptoms? If so, might be worthwhile to seek advice from a PD.

Read more
5y ago

Hi Fenny, I’m facing the issue and LO seems to have the same symptoms as you described. May I check what kind of treatment was provided? And also how Long did you have to keep persisting with bottle feeding until your LO finally accepts the bottle? Thanks