My LO is 2 weeks old. She has been crying loudly out of a sudden with her eyes closed for a few times a day. This has happen for the past 4 days. Confinement lady say she is dreaming. LO is not crying for milk or diaper change as we always make sure we check her diaper and her signs of hunger. Many times, we feed her 50ml to 60ml per feed. Is this normal?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This is very normal for newborns and ur may even continue for the first two to three months. They are getting used to the environment so it is inevitable they will have outbursts of crying or cry in their sleep. By the way in the day time she naps well and is by over stimulated right? Don't worry I am sure this will pass soon.

Read more
8y ago

she naps very well in the morning and afternoon. almost 2.5hrs to 3hrs after every feed and diaper change. only cry non stop after her evening feed at 10.30pm. she can cry from 10.30pm to 1am. she doesnt want milk nor wet or dirty her diaper. i carry her and she will go into light sleep (eyes open every few minutes) then suddenly burst out crying. this can happen 5 to 7 times during 10.30pm to 1am.