baby acne or??

LO is 1 month now and start to have red bumps all over face n scalp. Also seen near collar area. Any suggestions should I wait it out or see doc?? I'm using baby lotion on these areas after bath now.

baby acne or??
18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My baby had the same also. U can go to polyclinic or gp, the dr will give steroid cream and moisturiser. It helps for a while only cos turns out my baby have mild eczema. But now my baby's neck is ok. Only the cheek will have rashes from time to time. I tried applying birdnest essence and keep applying lotion. Maybe try Aveeno or those that is soap and fragrant free. Then after bathing, don't rub to dry baby, just dab

Read more

Use Ezerra cream (steroid free) on the face . Can buy OTC at unity or Watson . As for the cradle cap , you can try using baby olive oil apply and massage gently and let it sit for 10 to 15 mins , use a soft gentle tooth brush to brush it off and shower your baby . I applied baby lotion on the scalp after bath and it got better after a week plus .

Read more

Its the same as my son when he is 1 mth old. What i did is when bath him, i avoid using bath soap/gel on his face, only normal water. After bath and every 1 hour i apply QV cream and massage his face 😊 it gets better after 1 week. But I still apply every time his skin is dry to prevent next breakout. Kkh prescribed me the steroid cream but I never use

Read more
VIP Member

The cheeks looked the same as my girl’s feW months back. My girl’s was even worse coz it dried up due to frequent wiping but not moisturising, cracked and got infected. Our PD said it was eczema and were advised to apply Hydrocortisone twice only and after, just maintain wiping and moisturising her face after feeding. It’s all good since then.

Read more

My baby had e same too. Pd said is cradle cap. And yes, cradle cap can spread to face n other parts of body. Given moisturizer and steriod. But if can best is start using moisturizer and see if it wil subside. Afterall can avoid steriod is still e best.

Super Mum

It does look like baby acne + eczema. What lotion are you applying? Can you try stopping the current lotion for a while since they could be causing further irritation. Doctors usually prescribe physiogel, QV or ceradan.

4y ago

I didn't pay any lotion in 1st month. Will try the derma brands thank you!

VIP Member

Try stop using lotion as moisture could make it worst. I'm using mustela cleansing water (apply on face, neck, chest and back & hydrating cream (only on face) and all the bumps disappears in 3-4 days time for my LO

4y ago

Mine has those flaky skins on both eyebrows (also consider cradle cap as I checked online as it can also happen in other places of the skin)

VIP Member

My baby used to have these before too, what I did was very simple, just wipe with cool boiled water using cotton pads . I Never used soap, lotions or powder on her face. It was gone after a week

Post reply image
4y ago

Doctor said it was baby acne btw

My LO also has it when she is 1mth old... but as times goes by it fade away itself.. Doctor said its a part of growing up...

VIP Member

My girl had that too. Asked the doctor and she said just apply cream. Which i always forget to. But eventually outgrow.