Pregnancy/Mums’ pet peeve: is this a normal occurrence or am I being overly sensitive?

A little rant here… I feel so irritated by people who don’t ever check in or show concern during my pregnancy but when baby is out, suddenly super enthusiastic and want to come and touch my baby / carry my baby and take photos etc. Like where were you during my pregnancy when I needed support and care? 😳 And now you want to act like you are so close to me and my baby? Speaking of some of my friends and also my mother-in-law. Not sure if I’m being overly sensitive cause of my heightened emotions. Anyone feel the same? How do you deal? I can only quietly feel upset at heart but I don’t know how to reject when these people want to come over to see me and baby now that I have given birth.. I feel so petty like I’m bearing a grudge against them for not being there for me through my pregnancy. #FTM #firstbaby #Rant

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I tink i might be abnormal but i prefer ppl not to disturb me after i give birth. I also dont feel i need any one’s concern during pregnancy. I dont like ppl taking photos of my LO and posting but some ppl just dont listen. So tbh, i rather they dun suddenly show concern. At wk 15 now but only really close people know i am preggy. Low profile!

Read more