7 month feeding habit

My little ones has turned 7 months, how do I start feeding proper meals? Like porridge, solid etc Tried feeding Gerber oats, fruits and puree. But seems he’s not interested to ‘eat’. Still wants fully just milk. Should be worried/ paranoid? Is this common for some babies? At which month should baby ‘must’ have solid?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

My almost 7 mths old hates gerber oats & refused to open his mouth whenever I tried to feed him that but he loves rice & veggies from cerelac. I also made him homemade purees using fruits/vegetables. He loves homemade ones! I've made him porridge using chicken (great to introduce meat when baby has started solid). Cook it then blend into very soft texture like puree. Can also put tiny bit of seasonings like garlic powder, cinnamon into his foods. Just NO sugar, salt & msg. Babies loves flavours cos their tastebud is much stronger than adults. Go to solidstarts on IG. You'll get ideas on what to make for your LO. Mine is still on traditional weaning meaning I spoon feed him. I tried baby led weaning like solidstarts did but I hate the mess! Still does it sometimes for biscuits or fruits so he can try to use his fingers to hold the foods. But always remember, milk is still the staple until 1 yrs old so don't force if your LO don't want to eat. AND only give sips of water.

Read more