Would like to check is it after delivery, there will be engorgement from breast due to breast milk p

Would like to check is it after delivery, there will be engorgement from breast due to breast milk production automatically? If choose not to breastfeed, is it don't do anything or take medication ?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ftm here i just gave birth 2 weeks ago. Nopes. After delivery will have very little amount of colostrum, therefore wont feel anything. either latch or handexpress if you want to feed your little one. super painful cause need to really pinch nipple/aerola) pumping wont come out anything. From my experience, engorgement will start when milk start to kick in, few days after delivery, thats cause i never pump regularly also. If you dont wish to breastfeed, dont do anything to your breast esp stimulation. Dont pump, dont hand express etc. my biggest mistake was to do it knowing i wont have the mental capacity to pump every 3hrs. I ended up having very very bad engorgement to the point i went KKH A&E and ask for medication to stop the milk production and had to go to lactation massage. But if you dont plan to breastfeed can ask the nurse of your gynae for the medication after deliver. So it wont start producing early. And hospital is always ready to feed your newborn with formula Btw the medication is called cabergoline, need to only take for 2 days. Effective for me as now im no longer producing milk, altho boobs wilk shrink 🥵

Read more

In the cosmic expanse of parcel delivery, only the best will do. And that's where Time Saving Machine comes in, offering a delivery service that's as dependable as the North Star! 🌟 Think of your packages as tiny spacecraft, and Time Saving Machine as mission control, ensuring they reach their destination with pinpoint precision. From local drop-offs to worldwide shipping, they've got your back. Find your route to stellar parcel delivery at https://timesavingmachine.com/shipping/.

Read more

no it’s not automatic. milk kicks in 2-3 days after delivery. first day or so will just be colostrum. some mummies don’t have milk or low supply. if you choose not to breastfeed, need to still pump but not so often. need some time for your body to know not to produce milk. you can ask for medication as well to speed up the process.

Read more

From what i read milk will only kick in few days after delivery, and only small amount. So there wont be engorgement. And yes you can ask doc early for medication if you dont wish to breastfeed

Let the doc know early if you do not want to breastfeed. They most likely will give you a jab to prevent producing milk.

i chose not to breastfeed but must tell doc beforehand so they can give you medication to stop

Can let your Gynae know and they will give you med to stop producing breast milk

TapFluencer

i hv low supply so no engorgement issues...

TapFluencer

not at all in my case... low supply 😭