Just thinking if I’m being too petty

Last week Friday I ask my sis in law to come over my house with my 2 nephews for steamboat as they just stay about 10mins walk away from us , and my mum even offered to go over and help her bring my nephews over since she is alone , but , she rejected cause she said the virus very bad so don’t wanna bring the kids out , ok understand . But den ! Last 2 days I heard from my dad that they are going back Malaysia as my sis in law is from Malaysia cause her father had not since my younger nephew since birth with he is like 2 mths, and u know what ? They hv to take plane and car ride as my sis in law place is far. I’m really pissed off . I ask you come my house steamboat cannot but u go back Malaysia can. When u hv to go airport which is quite dangerous for my 2 nephews also ? And she actually intend to go back on April btw. Am I’m being petty to be angry ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Maybe she feel anxious about bringing or fetching her kids to anywhere. And thinking steamboat can eat at anytime? Since she’s going back to Malaysia in April. Is still ok if everything is more calm. But if still getting more serious they might delay? If now they are travelling to Malaysia, then yes more dangerous. You can ask her again before she’s going back to malaysia for a short trip.

Read more
4y ago

Yes , she just want to go back and let her father see my 3month old nephew. And yes I’m very worried about my both nephew and one of them is just 3 months , oh I asked my bro , he said , cause her father didn’t see the grandchild since birth . 🤦🏻‍♀️

Now is virus period i will prioritise which is more impt to minimise the chances of gg out. I will respect her choice. To me, elderly is impt. Cos they are old i dont knw when to see them again and since ur sil's parents stay very far frm her, as in not in Sg. But steamboat tbh can anytime arrange. Also, we dont encourage sharing food now to minimise the virus spread.

Read more

I think steamboat not that necessary but going to Malaysia to see elderly more necessary especially since they haven’t gone for some time and maybe the elders request or having some issue, so don’t judge. Just respect her choice.

4y ago

No , I don’t think it’s necessary if she is telling me that she is afraid of the virus when I asked her to come to my house , and I don’t it’s necessary to travel at this timing to the airport when both my nephew is is 1 year old and the other is less den 3 months old . She’s telling me she don’t want come my house cause the road to my house a lot of china ppl walk passed, she scared my nephew will get the virus when they walked over cause their immune system is low , but , she can go to changi airport when there is even MORE ppl. Which is not logical at all . And to add on the road to my house is open air , and less den 10mins walk . By keeping both my nephew at home with her windows and door closed I don’t think she is ‘protecting’ them .

Steamboat creates aerosols and can help to spread viruses....