Preparation of baby room and confinement items

Ladies, which week or month did you start preparation for setting up your baby room like fixing of the cot or dresser for clothes, bibs and necessary items. And also buying of confinement items such as herbal tea, herbal soup, herbal Bath items etc. thanks!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Buy & prepare at least 3 weeks beforehand. I prepare it too late.. I tot I still have 2 weeks, but nooooo… end up i was in emergency C-sect 2 weeks earlier as I was losing weight. If ure buying online, do it beforehand. Coz after giving birth, ure too tired to do all the preparation especially ur baby is at home with u, u nid all to comes in handy as and when u nid it. Baby cot, at least 4-5 milk bottles with the correct size teat, milk pump, baby cot, baby clothes (with 2 way zipper), herbal stuffs (rem pails too) , diaper, swaddle, baby bath tub, towels, baby bag (for PD checkup), milk powder holder, wet wipes (pure water), milk warmer (portable), pram, baby carrier, baby clothes detergents , baby bottle detergents, baby body wash (bath with body was until baby is at least 2-3 weeks old) ur maternity pad (night usage super long usually will do), binder, mittens, socks, etc etc..

Read more

Since im staying with in laws and our room nto so big, i have yet to take out baby stuff yet. But I started to buy most baby items and some confinement items at 6 months slowly. Now at 38 weeks, already bought almost all items and washed all baby clothes etc and organized in drawer. Now mostly just need to take out baby playpen and organize my confinement & baby’s trolley since the items are all there. You can start slowly at 6 months so youll have plenty of time to also survey places and the prices. I bought msot stuff at jb cs alot cheaper. Oh and if its food or drink, best to check how long is their shelf life or expiry date. If its long can buy early if not better to buy around 8/9 months

Read more
8mo ago

I think for herbs if its dry should be fine. Or best to ask the seller itself. For me every little baby items are worth buying at jb cs cheaper. Esp the big items! Like stroller, baby playpen, car seat. I also bought his clothes, diapers (offspring), basically everything 😂 and yes little genius is a good place to shop but also here’s a list of places ive went @ jb to shop for baby’s item. Hope its beneficial. Can also go to thebabyshop @ midvalley.

Post reply image

I have my own place and I started buying things and rearranging items and furniture when I’m in my 2nd trimester. This is so I won’t panic in the last minute, have a long time to think through what I need to buy and need to do. Also, it’s a good period after your pregnancy kinda stabilise after you passed the first trimester. In the 4th month onwards is where your energy and stamina is best and you can still move about comfortably before the tummy gets big and heavy. I have lists if you’d like to refer to.

Read more
Post reply image

as and when I’m in the mood! Online shopping is so easy now

From late second trimester to third trimester onwards

And don’t forget to prepare your hospital bag too!

Post reply image

started to slowly buy stuff from abt 8mths preg

TapFluencer

only from 3rd trimester onwards

My pp list

Post reply image