Carseat for newborns when leaving hospital

Hi ladies, im nearing my 3rd tri and we are starting to look for the big ticket items etc. Do we have to have an infant car seat to bring baby back home from the hospital? How does that work? Asking because we dont have a car. Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

If you don’t own a car, it may not make sense to purchase a car seat. Taxi’s allow parents to hold their babies while travelling, private hires don’t allow that. If you’re still thinking of getting a car seat, one that will fit onto a stroller may be useful when travelling around.

Super Mum

I got a second hand car seat because I had a car but seldom use it. If you move around often, can get a secondhand maxi cosi. Otherwise just baby wear or hand cradle is accepted in taxi but at your own risk.

I think you can just carry baby by hand and go back by taxi(don’t think grab/PHV allows, but taxi can carry) . Not necessary to have a car seat.

Dont waste money on that if you dont own a car. Just carry baby and take cab. Grab does not allow if you dont have a carseat.

We had car seat in our car but they r too small when we left the hosp. I hand carried her home.

too small for car seat...I also carry her home