Little to no appetite (first trimester)

Hi ladies I’m currently 5 weeks along and for the past 2-3 weeks, I haven’t had a good appetite. I’m not experiencing any morning sickness, so I’m not sure if this is normal. I’ve no cravings too or any aversion to food, I’m just uninterested in food. But since I’m pregnant, I kind of force myself to eat. And if I’m having just a light meal, I will drink some soy milk to make me feel fuller. Can someone advise how to increase my appetite? I’ve also lost abt 1kg. I was told to eat smaller meals but I really don’t have the appetite.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in my first trimester too and lost 2 kg so far. my gynae told me not to eat if I don't feel like. he said at this stage I shouldn't be gaining weight. also the baby dont need you to eat to grow. so don't force yourself to eat. but to drink lots of water to stay hydrated! and start taking folic acids or whatever your gynae prescribed to you. but I find that I do tend to eat abit more of western food

Read more
3y ago

Thanks J. Actually I’ve been on intermittent fasting for 2 years and I’m very used to fasting. Maybe this could be me adjusting to eating breakfast, however, googled said fasting is not recommended for expecting mothers and especially first trimester, where the baby is growing vital organs. I haven’t seen a gynae yet as I’m still pretty early, I’m not trying to put on weight too but I feel super bad not eating and not giving my baby the nutrients it needs to grow. :(