Inverted nipple and breastfeeding

Hi ladies.. i am first time mom to be and i have been anxious about my breasts. I have inverted nipples and i know some in my family also do have. I am yet to ask my gynac the impact but is there anyone with similar condition? Were you able to breastfeed?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have inverted nipples and just like you, was anxious before my baby arrived and tried to find resolution on how to deal with it. some very "concerned" people advised me to use nipple shield, so I did, right from the start. and it was the biggest regret. because the nipple shield was a form of barrier. my newborn did not latch well, refused to latch without a nipple shield and of course I had to exclusive pump for 15months. for #2, I started latching without nipple shield, he was able to latch much better.

Read more
4y ago

Thank you for the advise.

hello! I had inverted and flat nipples. LC suggested using massage mode on breast pump to make nipple go out. I wasn't breastfeeding my baby the first few days due to my nipples. LC taught how to pull the nipple out. you can Google about it also. i used breast pump for 2 days +massage and let my baby latch on even though it was slightly inverted. but have to feed baby FM first so he isn't frustrated. after the 3rd day, my nipples were out when given the massage or baby latch on.

Read more
3y ago

Hi! Could you share what breast pump you used?

i have too! but it was soo hard for me as my baby is always impatient whenever she wants milk. so whenever she couldnt grab the hold of my nipple she will tends to cry loudly! i ended up pumping instead. you can still try latching if your baby is calm and theres a method to hold your breast to make your nipple out or u can always purchase thing like nipple puller or aspirator. i got mine at shopee and it does make ur nipple pop :)

Read more
4y ago

Thank you! This helps!

TapFluencer

there is massage you can go before you give birth something like pull out the nipple

Me! I used a nipple shield. After awhile I switched to ep because life is easier that way

4y ago

Exclusive pump

Can try this tool to pull out inverted nipple

Post reply image
4y ago

Thank you. 🙏🏻