Bleeding/spotting

Hello ladies, anyone encounter bleedings/spotting during early pregnancy? How long will it last in days?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm spotting on my 15 weeks, then 17-18 weeks, it lasts around 3 days. The doctor recommend me to bedrest, no exercise, and prescribe me with progesterone. Now I'm on my 21 weeks. But as far as i know if you're spotting on really early pregnancy its completely normal, that's implantation bleeding. Consult your gynae immediately if you're bleeding, or spotting with cramps. On my first pregnancy I'm bleeding heavily (like period) on my really early pregnancy turns out i had miscarriage due to chronic cervixitis.

Read more

I remember i had spotting at 4weeks pregnant.. (no idea i was pregnant, i tot it was menses blood).. so i went poly to check at first its was positive.. and they give me folic acid.. but then i've been facing spotting for 2weeks.. and then i went to nuh a&e and the gynea say it was completely normal.. how long will i bleed? Its depends on ur body... but thanks to god i can see the heartbeat.. so gynea told me to continue with folid acid. But better consult doc.

Read more
3y ago

no pain..

Yup me had bleedung with blood clots at 6wks preggy.. went to A&E,thank god baby still alive in my womb.. even till now at 3mths i still encounter occassional spotting.. especially when i carry slightly heavy things or when i walk alot or when im tired..Dr advise me rest in bed.

2y ago

Can I know how long did u bleed?

VIP Member

I was spotting (brown) at 5 weeks when i found out that I was positive and my MIL suggested me to wait until 8 weeks to see gynae but I went earlier about 7 weeks cause I got brown stain 3x.. if you’re worried about your bledding/spotting, it’s better you see your gynae..

3y ago

sorry can i ask. were you given progesterone? did your gynae conducted tranvaginal scan first before prescribing you the progesterone?

Around 2-3 days in my wk 6. but the gyne gave me progesterone to take just in case of bleeding.

VIP Member

There should not be spotting, please see a doctor asap.