Where would you recommend for a non beach babymoon destination for FTM with

Korea, Japan, Syndey

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Haha so funny, I went to all 3 places which you have mentioned here throughout my pregnancy. Korea in week 8, Sydney in week 18 and Japan in week 24. I found both Korea and Sydney manageable in terms of facilities and public transport for pregnant women (managed to even do a 3.5 hour hike in Korea), but by the time I went Japan, I was starting to feel the effects of being a 6-month preggo. Navigating Japan's subway system was damn taxing and tiring for me because it was perpetually crowded and on top of that, confusing af. Escalators and lifts are also hard to find in Tokyo/Osaka subways and I had a migraine just navigating through the crowds lol. If you really want to go Japan, do so in the earlier stages of pregnancy bah if you're feeling OK, speaking from experience haha.

Read more
2mo ago

Actually I wasn't really worried about the radioactive thingy as my gynae mentioned that it's just fear-mongering by some groups of people. Research has shown that some radioactivity is present all around, even in Singapore/Korea/Australia. He gave me the go-ahead for Japan and its food haha. If Singapore can continue to import food from Japan then it means the risk is pretty low. But of course, do what you're comfortable with. 😃

My gynae don't recommend Japan cos it's very difficult to get an appointment for a gynae visit even if it's an emergency. Even if you managed to get an appointment, it would be about the time to go home. We checked with our hotel (5 star) about emergency gynae arrangements if required, and they confirmed that it's difficult to get one for tourists.

Read more

I did Sydney/gold coast 6m preg and was ok! gold coast was good because we drove around so I didn't had to walk as much. I reckon Japan and Korea would need more walking compared to aus and im NOT up for it 🤣

TapFluencer

i went JP

2mo ago

Is Japan preggy safe? I am concerned abt the radioactive water

japan

2mo ago

Is it preggy friend? I am concerned abt the effect of the radioactive water