How comfortable are you when fellow mummy/mummies ask for things from you?

Knowing that the family is financially capable, able to give birth in 1 of Parkway hospital, travel 2-3 time a year to further away countries (Korea, Japan, Europe, Switz, Australia), owes a few rolexes and definitely some branded bags and still ask if you have things you can give away for free to them.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Honestly, the items belongs to you, so it’s really up to you whether u want to give or not. And if they do ask u for stuff, these people must be quite close to u to ask, not some mere acquaintance, yes? So u can and have the right to reject their requests anytime, without even having to say anything but just smile whenever they ask for anything and turn away or change topic. However, sometimes I choose to give, becos I don’t like to waste. If the stuff I bought are hardly used and someone else has use of it, I don’t mind being a blessing. But if I think this person not worth my effort, then I simply won’t give but choose to bless another person. Also, not every underprivileged person appreciates hand me downs or is grateful to receive such. And not every privileged person is unworthy to be blessed. It’s more blessed to give than to receive. A person who knows how to be generous, will never be poor. 😁

Read more

I wouldn't feel comfortable cause I have friends who really need hand-me-down items more than privileged people do. I can't really tell if someone is a true Chas card user. There has been scammer on Facebook group asking for blessed item then then selling it away. I hate it.

VIP Member

🤷🏼‍♀️ Dun understand your qn… Ask means asking you to give them things or help them buy and they pay back, or borrow from you and return you back? Ask you to give them things in a joking manner or serious one?

Read more
8mo ago

Seriously asking you to give them your existing stroller, toys, books to them for free

Usually Chinese saying are wearing other babies’s clothes, their baby will grow as strong. Moreover, babies outgrow v fast. I think it’s okay to ask blessing from others even though they are well-to-do