29week now had always difficulty in breathing

Ixxit normal?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is likely both hormonal (can cause your airways to have more mucous/ swollen than usual) and the uterus growing upwards, thus pressing up against your diaphragm. I see a respiratory medicine doctor for my chronic illnesses, and that was explained to me by goth my gynae and respi doctors. Unfortunately shortness of breath is a feature as pregnancy progresses. If it's of any consolation, it usually goes away postpartum. If it worsens and affects your daily activities, perhaps bring it up to your gynae at the next visit. Hang in there!

Read more

Omg my 37th week now and the breathing gets more difficult sometimes. Even heart pumping very fast and makes me feels even harder to breathe. like turning from left to right when sleeping I feel breathless. But if you feel like its really not normal and want a peace of mind, consult your gynae. Maybe taking iron pills might help abit but other than that, nothing much the gynae can do if its part of the pregnancy effect

Read more

I m in week 39th difficulty in breathing is because baby uses your body oxygen. start doing breathing exercises that will help alot

increase in the hormone progesterone causes you to breathe more often. This can look and feel like shortness of breath.

VIP Member

Best to consult a doctor asap if you're feeling unwell ...take care!

Please consult the gynae for this