gsined weight

I'm only 23week by now I already gained 7kg ixxit normal ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm almost at 32 weeks, and I've gained exactly 10kg so far. My gynae says it's normal to gain around total 15kg at the end of the pregnancy (so gain around 2kg every month). Some of the weight is also because of water retention. If you're worried, check with your gynae. For the sugary food thing, if you're worried about gestational diabetes, try to cut down and eat wholegrain for carbs. I did my OGTT test for gestational diabetes at week 24. The gynae will be able to advise you better after the test result is out.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks u becos my ogtt will be few more week away

VIP Member

Dont worry about your weight gain, or tummy size in that matter. What’s most important is that baby is growing healthily. As long as gynae is not worried, its fine! I gained only 3 kg throughout 38 weeks and baby was born healthy :)

I'm still 2kg away from pre pregnancy weight and was concerned if my baby is growing. Gynae said baby is growing and not to use my weight to determine if baby is not/ growing

Super Mum

I gained 8kg throughout my pregnancy so the weight gain doesn't matter. As long as baby is growing, it's fine.

but I had been keep eating sugar food nowadays . Abit worry that will have diabetes for my baby .