Foods to avoid during early pregnancy?

I’ve just found out I’m about 5 weeks pregnant and have yet to schedule a doctors appointment, but I’m trying to be more careful with foods that I eat. I’ve stopped drinking coffee / tea, but googling foods and even fruits gives a lot of differing answers that causes anxiety.. do doctors really recommend against heaty or cooling foods? Do I need to be this wary ? I do naturally have a “weaker” body in TCM terms which is why I’m extra anxious. Thank you fellow mummies #pregnancy #FTM

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

in my first pregnancy, i was very meticulous about what i consumed. i don't even drink coffee until i stopped breastfeeding @ 6 months after baby was born. now on my second one, i indulge alot and i craved for coffee and spicy foods in my first trimester. i would advice to just avoid pineapples (young ones), (i've read about young papayas to avoid too), foods that are too spicy (leads to heartburn and gastric) and limit caffeine intake - coffee & tea.

Read more

I also have a “weak body” according to my tcm doc and was told to not consume fruits, fried, cold and spicy food even before I was pregnant. However I had bad nausea and food aversion in first tri, so i just ate what i could (lot of fruits, yoghurt, salad). At 4mths i went back to “tiao” my body. I start to gain back my appetite abt wk16 and then i try to reduce my intake of cold stuff. Don’t worry so much.

Read more

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-5230623)

don't drink too much tea as it will lower your iron. eat your supplements, folic acid, avocados. I avoided all processed food and basically tried to eat as natural as possible. No pineapple, no long Del Monte banana etc

Just eat everything u want in moderation. Coffee limit to once a day. Its okay dont stress urself or google too much