Am I able to get HL from my gynea at week 35 onwards due to work stress?

I've been feeling stressed and burned out lately due to the changes in management. As my boss requested more, it seems like I am not able to contribute as I tend to lose focus and am not able to commit with the OT. My team stayed till midnight at times to clear work, which I find it really tough as I am drained by then.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps you might want to discuss with your gynae if this is possible. However, alternatively to inform your superior pertaining this issue which to me is unreasonable for preggy mum to be home late at third trimester and having to demand a lot. Alternatively, to the least offer WFH or office hours. This is very much unfair. To my opinion, I will be firm with my decision in raising my concern for the benefit of myself and baby. They like it or not, but they have to remember whether or not someone is pregnant, they are to be reasonable esp pertaining work issue.

Read more

Yes you can ask. Just let your gynae know that you’ve been feeling more exhausted due to work stress. If you go on in this way, it’ll be a matter of time that you’ll develop some troubling symptoms eg headache, body aches. Pretty sure you’re supposed to rest and focus on labour by 36 weeks onwards so gynae will be understanding of this.

Read more