Gov hospital baby will have to stay with you?

Isit true gov hospital nurse will put the infant with you and not in nursery room?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For KKH, yes. One of the nurses told me that they’re going to close the nursery room some time in the future. Only opened for those in need of phototherapy or special cases. They encourage rooming with mummies now as they want new mummies to get used to it when they leave the hospital. You think your baby will be 24/7 looked after in the nursery? No... they let the babies cry because they have 6 million other things to do than to tend to your hungry baby. They will let the babies cry it out for a while that’s why most of the time you hear babies screaming in the nursery, because short of staff and they’re also too busy to tend to 6 million babies at one go.. can’t blame them though. Still super thankful for having them all day everyday. Rooming with mummies can be tough especially for c-sect first-time mothers (like me 😣) cause can’t move much and felt super guilty for always calling the nurses to carry baby and pass to me, change and feed baby. But hey, I’d rather tend to my baby first than do anything else when she cries, right? When you have a baby, what is sleep? Hahahaha.. Anyway, look on the bright side, at least it prepares you for what’s to come at home. Also, it gives you that precious time alone with baby for a couple of days in the hospital.

Read more
2y ago

yes!! I am currently admitted to kkh after my cesarean and feel so shy whenever I have to call them for feedings and changing when my hubby is away ):

I had c sect in kkh but my hubby stayed overnight with me and I am so thankful for it as I couldn’t move much after the surgery. He’s the one who changed and carry baby throughout the stay. And when we are home, he has learnt the skills of taking care baby at the hospital. If possible, stay in A ward.

Read more

Yes, for both KKH & NUH. Normally for baby to feed but you can always request to keep your baby in the nursery if you need rest. Also a good time to bond because you need to learn to do things & how to look after your baby on your own too.

2y ago

you can request for baby to rest in nursery?

VIP Member

for KKH yes, but this is really a good help to mommies as we are all getting used to having a baby by our side and attend to their needs straight. it helps in the care after leaving the hospital too. dont feel stress about.

Yes. They encouraged mummy and baby bonding as well as breastfeeding. Do let the nurse know if you have any concern. Don't feel stree about it.

TapFluencer

not just Gov hospital, private hospital also

3y ago

mine was mount E year 2019, baby was with me throughout my 3days stay

TapFluencer

yes in kkh

VIP Member

yes