Deliver in Gov hospital (milk formula nred to buy and bring? )

First time delivery in gov hospital. Anybody know if nuh provide infant formula or i have to purchase myself?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth there in Oct 2020 and yes they provide GROW (the brand with the giraffe) formula where needed (like if your baby has jaundice and breastfeeding is not helping to bring it down). It’s the kind that already comes in liquid form so don’t need to mix powder with water, the nurses told me cannot be found outside, it is only supplied to hospitals.

Read more

Delivered there on Feb and yes, they do provide baby formula as my baby was in the NICU. They fed him Dulac. But do remember that NUH is a pro-natural hospital and they really encourage you to breastfeed your baby eventhough your milk isn't in yet. The lactation nurses there helped me to hand express my colostrum & milk to pass to the nurses in the NICU.

Read more

They do provide if I'm not wrong. Saw 10ml of sth (can't rmb the name) was given to baby when baby was away from us. Abit annoyed that they didn't consult us first before giving to baby

gov hospital encourage breastfeeding but u can inform the nurse first u would like to mixed feed for ur baby

Hi! They will provide! But if u have a preferred brand, then can bring your own!

they will provide I think. else call them and ask?

they provide uptill discharge

TapFluencer

they will provide

VIP Member

they provide