Is the bumbo chair actually good? Worth buying?

Post image
6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Despite the negative reviews, I got my son a preloved bumbo when he was about 4 months old but he hates to be in it. IMO I think he feels restricted and always screams for me to pick up him in less than 5 minutes. Now that he has started on solids, he is more comfortable and okay go sit in it much longer as long as he has food in his mouth lol To answer your question, I don't think it's worth to buy a new bumbo, so get a preloved one in carousell if you really want one.

Read more
VIP Member

Making babies sit up when they are not developmentally ready for it may cause more harm than good. I've also had friends who commented that their baby's thighs get stuck in the seat and they outgrow it very quickly. I wouldn't recommend a bumbo... http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2012-03-15/health/ct-met-bumbo-posture-20120315_1_physical-therapists-developmental-benefits-babies

Read more

If you're looking for second hand some mummies on Carousell are selling for about $40. Brand new ones are selling on Pupsik Studio for $89 with tray. I don't think it's worth buying a brand new one as they don't last very long in there. My friend's daughter has big thighs and outgrew it at about 5 months old. She barely even sat on it for a period of time.

Read more

Hi, unless you baby is small with smaller thighs otherwise the bumbo is really going go last him very long. And yeah get a second hand one as it will only last a while.

thanks

VIP Member

Where can I buy the bumbo? How much does it cost?