Is it okay to leave a sleeping baby at home while you run out for a quick errand nearby?

295 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No way as the baby will cry if he or she is left alone. It's better to bring the baby out even though he or she is sleeping as they tend to sleep no matter where the surrounding is.

With mobile apps that live stream your baby monitor feed I think stepping out for a second or being within a block radius is fine. Nothing to kill yourself with guilt over.

VIP Member

I find that I can run 80% of errand online nowadays (in singapore), anything from grocery to lunch to getting things mailed. Maybe try to see if there are online solutions?

Oh no! Definitely no no no! I will never leave my baby and kids alone for even a second. We may not know what will happen next and might regret for the rest of our lives

VIP Member

oh no.... it's not safe at all because the baby might wake up and there are chances that the baby might cry very bitterly and that can lead to chocking or uneasiness.

NO! Never! Even if I'm just running downstairs to pick my elder Daughter I will bring my Son along. Put him in stroller n bring down. Prevention is better than cure!

No, Mommy, never. You will not know what will happen even if you are just minutes away. Babies can put anything in their mouths or they'll fall or bump their heads.

a big NO mommy. i have 3 kids and no helper so even i buy bread just nearby i bring them all coz i don't have a helper. better safe than regret it my whole life

I think is a no very risky!! For me, even i bath, i had to open the toilet door, so i can hear baby's voice when only me n baby alone in the house..

Definitely a nono. Wait until someone gets back home before you go out yourself. Or if the errand can't wait, bring the baby with you. Better safe than sorry.