Is it safe to travel with a toddler to Bangkok? This will be the first time we are going to BKK with our 18month toddler, besides shopping, what are the recommended attractions to visit with our young toddler? Also, should we be allowing her to eat the food there?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Why not? As long as you're careful and very watchful over your toddler while on vacation, it's pretty safe. That being said, accidents do not discriminate regardless of locations and can happen anywhere if you're not careful. I've been on family vacations with young cousins, nieces and nephews and it went well. One thing I noticed, try not bring your bulky prams because Bangkok is a very busy place and there isn't much space to manoeuvre your prams. Perhaps, a baby carrier or a light stroller would be better. This website has a list of fun stuff for children: http://www.bangkok.com/fun-stuff-for-kids.htm?cur=THB There are places like Safari World, Children's Discovery Museum at Chattuchak and Siam Ocean World at Siam Paragon, which I've been to personally and I must say, it's popular with the kids. Food wise, you should definitely not let your toddler eat the street food. Eat at shopping malls and food courts, and you might want to pack light snacks just in case they get peckish throughout the journey.

Read more
VIP Member

I did bangkok and kosamui with my 1yr old daughter, she enjoyed samui as she is a water baby...we had good family time in the pool and on the beach...samui n krabi in thailand are family friendly places..bkk u can stayover for a day or two to shop :)

thanks