Is it okay to always use baby wipes every time I clean my baby for a diaper change (whether after poop or not)?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It's definitely most recommended to use warm water and cotton wool to clean your baby's bum but I find it a tad inconvinient for me especially when I have to entertain another 7 year old child. Like Jamie, I use baby wipes at every diaper change and so far, everything has been fine. If there are any signs of diaper rash coming (red skin around the "O" region), I'll let my son go butt naked for as long as I can before applying diaper rash cream on it. For wipes, I'm using Organic Story which I usually stock up during babyfairs.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

I used to use baby wipes at every diaper change, even at home, but I realised that it was much better for my baby's skin if I just washed her bottom with water. If you want to use wet wipes, look out for those with a higher water content. Popular brands include the LEC 99% water baby wipes and Jeju wet wipes. http://sg.theasianparent.com/best-baby-wipes-shopping-guide-special/

Read more
Post reply image

I always use wipes to clean and layer sprinkle some dusting powder. I use all Mamaearth's products. They are naturally made and is best to use for babies.

VIP Member

I used to use baby wipes; I don't now. Water is still the best and more economical. Wipes are convenient but really wasteful.

VIP Member

Best to wash. Wet wipes not clean enough. Or u can use cotton ball with water if u don't wish to wash at the sink😊

Wet wipes are ok if you're outside, but it's better warm water if you can

Instead of baby Wipes . Try to use warm water and cotton only

Water is best and economical . Or else u can use after every use

VIP Member

I prefer to wash with running water and gentle baby wash

thanks