Introducing solids to my baby soon. Any tools and gadgets for making homemade baby food should I prepare? special container? any recommended blender?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Didn't get any special equipment (opps!). Steamed/boiled fruits and vegetables in regular pots and pans. Also used a regular Philips food processor and blender for purees and mashed potato. Perhaps you could refer to this buying guide for a list of recommended products: http://sg.theasianparent.com/the-best-steamer-and-blender-shopping-guide-special/ I know of a few mothers who are using Avent steamer and blender. No complaints from them and they often recommend it to other mummies. You can consider this if you are thinking of getting steamer and blender. :)

Read more

I've seen my friend use and carry around the KidCo BabySteps Deluxe Food Mill. It is a small food mill powered by a hand crank. It is portable and able to fit in your diaper bag, so you can mash up fruit or steamed food wherever you go. Because of its size, it's meant to handle only a half-cup at a time, so its best for parents who want to puree at mealtime, not to make large quantities to store for later. It's perfect for moms and bubs who travel frequently!

Read more
Post reply image

Hands down i am loving my Avent Steam and Blend Machine. I been using it for 4 years now (yes i still use this for my 4 year old toddler) Its great for steaming and you can blend it immediately without even using another device. I do not do advance purees, so i can't advice you much on that. But i know many mummies freeze those purees in ice cubes for future use

Read more
Post reply image