Kk subsidise do they do scan at doc consult

I’m going to see the doc this week for my NIPT and FTS results (week 15) Will the doc scan me or just use a Doppler? I'd like to have a ultrasound scan to see the baby's movement. Wondering if I can request for it on the spot or they will already factor it in.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went for my just clinic appointment after my FTS with KKH, ard same time as you. In just the clinic appt i was able to see ultrasound and hear heartbeat. I just asked for it when she wanted to just let me hear heartbeat. Surprisingly they have the scan machine in the clinic where they consult too

10mo ago

Yea my session was yesterday. I did have my scan and hear heartbeat 💗

It is too close to your FTS. So most likely it will only be a doctor’s appointment with doppler. You can check your appointments. If only appointment in Clinic C then no ultrasound scan. If there’s an additional appointment at AMC with ultrasound request form then will have ultrasound scan.

10mo ago

for subsidised patient, how do we ask for what we going to do for the next appt. i feel like it is a kinder surprise every visit i go. meaning i only know what i will be going for during the dqy itself. and idk we can actually hear heartbeat. so far i only see heartbeat. where to request the hearing of heartbeat?during tge gynae consultation?

i was under kk sub and they don’t do scans every visit. mostly just heartbeat using doppler. you can insist and request on the spot but its only case by case basis.

10mo ago

Hopefully they will let me scan

FTS is a detailed scan by sonographer. NIPT is just blood test

10mo ago

Yes I know. I’ve done my tests and will be getting my results from the doc which is happening 2 weeks later. I’d like to ask if they will do another scan or just use a Doppler.