Baby weight

Can i know how do the doctor actually know the estimated baby weight and is it accurate? Because on my 28 week i got some condition and went to the delivery suite the doctor told me tat the baby is ard 1kg, 3 days later i went for my detail 28weeks scanning the nurse told me that baby is ard 1 to 1.1kg.... However because is under subsidise i see the doc next week to get the report for the 28week scan. However, doc told me that according to the scan last week, the baby is 1.3kg to 1.4kg🤔so who should i believe? Because the same scan but diff weight. Moreover i just went for my 35 week normal ultrasound scan i was told that my baby is just 2kg😐so I'm not sure whether which to believe? And normal ultrasound is more accurate or the detailed scanning? #1stimemom #firstbaby #pregnancy #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ultrasounds are better to measure the weight but most of the time they are not accurate. Your fetus will keep gaining weight as your pregnancy progresses & at 28 weeks, fetus should already be about that weight your gynae said. After that gynae will keep measuring your belly to estimate your fetus weight by doing fundal measurement which is to measure your belly from the pubic bone

Read more
TapFluencer

actually there will be differences in the weight as long as baby is healthy will do. I was told at 28 weeks to control diet my baby is 2.5kg at 35 week doctor told me is around 3.5kg I gave birth at 36 week baby weight 3.2kg

Don't worry , its always not accurate .