I'm worried kasi there are times that my toddler is not eating a full meal in a day. Minsan oatmeal lang and cookies or biscuits + milk. Prone ba sa ulcer ung ganun if they don't eat rice?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Ulcer is primarily caused by a type of bacteria called Helicobacter pylori, which is commonly found in communities that have little to no access to clean water. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen sodium may also contribute to the development of ulcers. So I wouldn't worry about the lack of rice in your child's diet. Kung ayaw sa rice ni LO, you can substitute with other food like bread and pasta - and oatmeal is good, too! What's important is the child is given a balanced and nutritious diet. Focus on feeding your child nutrient-dense food: protein (chicken, seafood, meat, eggs, beans), fruits, veggies, grains (bread, rice, oatmeal), and dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt). Now kung worried ka na may ulcer si LO, some of the signs and symptoms are: nausea, vomiting, burning pain in the abdomen between the breastbone and the belly button, chest pain (usually dull and achy), loss of appetite, frequent burping or hiccuping, weight loss, and dark red or blackish blood in vomit or poop. Kung may symptoms siya na ganyan, see a doctor at bibigyan si LO ng antibiotics to treat the ulcer.

Magbasa pa

Same with my daughter here! She's not eating proper amount of meal in a day. Most of the time her bfast would be bread and biscuits lang that's why i would always force her to eat rice. Fortunately, she'll eat whenever i said so..

7y ago

Wag lang pilitan to the point na umiiyak-iyak na siya. Baka ma-trauma kasi at kung ma-trauma nga, baka i-associate niya ang mealtime with negative experience at hindi mag-enjoy kumain. At okay lang naman bread and biscuits for breakfast kung may variety naman sa kinakain niya during other mealtimes.

Frequent feeding po ang isa po sa mga solution dyan. Kahit oatmeal at cookies lang pero limitan po ang pagpapakain. Yung tipong 2x na merienda sa umaga at 2x sa hapon.

I think hindi porket hindi nakaka-kain ng kanin is prone na tamaan ng ulcer. As long as your child eats the right amount of food everyday, he'll be fine.