Baby’s weight

I’m worried about my baby’s weight. He is 4 months and 2 days old, he weighs 5.8KG. He was actually in the 50th percentile at birth (3.335kg). But now he is in between 25th and 50th. Worried because I’ve read about babies being 7-8kg! My baby is on EBM.. can’t stop thinking and feeling sucky about his weight. Also he hasn’t pooped since 20th April but is not showing any signs of constipation.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry abt it! My boy on mixed feed FM and BM is also on the 25th percentile for weight even tho he's in 80th for height. His birth weight was high at 3.7kg but somehow he's growing taller, not fatter. My PD says dont be so worried as baby will catch up on his weight when starting solids. My PD alr gave the green light to give my boy rice cereal at 4 mths, so hopefully his weight increases too. Anw I heard it's normal for babies on full BM not to poop frequently as BM is supposed to have just the right amt of nutrients needed for baby, in the sense tt no waste to be excreted. My 5 month old niece went 10 days without poop but wasnt fussy or gassy. Poop tt came out was normal brownish yellowish colour and not hard.

Read more
3y ago

Wah! Start on rice cereal! Nice. Thank you for taking time to reply. I really appreciate it and I’m glad that I’m not alone in this journey and this platform is very reassuring for a FTM like me!

My baby is 9 months and 7.2kg ONLY BF and solids 0 FM nothing to worry about baby’s weight as long they are healthy! They eat s*** sleep properly can already! My baby is “athletic baby” according to baby PD haha she’s already walking on her own by 9 months so weight doesn’t really matter tbh

3y ago

Thank u for taking time to reply! I really appreciate it. Yes indeed I feel better hearing your story and it is really reassuring for a first time mom here!