Should I take epi?

I'm at my third trimester and super nervous about giving birth.... I heard laughing gas helps but not a lot... don't know if should I take epi

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it's a personal choice. at first I thought I could make it without epi as I under estimate the contraction pain. when I reached the hospital, the nurse said it will only gets more painful as I dilated. and i knew at that point that I wanted to enjoy the moment of giving birth and worry less about the pain. as I've to bear the pain after birth too. yes, after giving birth you've to heal too & it takes longer & there's no epi for this 🤮 if you give vagina birth, doctor may need to stitch it up & honestly with epi, I didn't feel a single pain. 🤭 so I would say I'm glad I took epi though most people around me told not to as I won't experience the pain. Hahaha. seriously, taking epi won't make you less of a mother. so trust your guts and both choices are great choice.❤️

Read more
2y ago

Laughing gas was a joke for me. Didn't take away the contraction pain just made me high. Initially I really didn't want to take epi because naysayers keeps saying it will cause back pain after birth. Also I thought I had high pain tolerance (boy was I wrong) But at 5cm dilated I really couldn't take it anymore and nurse advise to preserve the energy for labour instead. Once the epi was in, I was soo relieved. Managed to sleep really well after that 🙂 Much more pleasant journey for me