Travelling during first trimester?

I'm supposed to be 7wks LMP but sca. Showed 5kw2d and only a small sac, too small to s3e if there's a yoke. I have a planned flight for a weekend on my supposed LMP 11wks, should I still go? Anyone traveled during first trimester?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, Traveling during the first trimester can be a bit tricky, especially given your ultrasound results showing the sac at 5 weeks and 2 days. Generally, many women do travel during the first trimester without much issue, but there are a few things to consider to ensure you and your baby's safety. Firstly, it’s important to talk to your healthcare provider before making any decisions. They can give you personalized advice based on your medical history and current pregnancy status. Given that you mentioned the sac is currently too small to see a yolk, your doctor might want to monitor you closely over the next few weeks. Here are some tips if you decide to go ahead with your travel plans: 1. **Stay Hydrated**: Air travel can be dehydrating, so make sure to drink plenty of water. 2. **Move Around**: Try to stretch your legs and walk around every hour or so to prevent blood clots, which pregnant women are at higher risk for. 3. **Comfortable Clothing**: Wear loose and comfortable clothes to stay relaxed during the flight. 4. **Healthy Snacks**: Pack some nutritious snacks to keep your energy levels up and manage any nausea. 5. **Medical Records**: Carry a copy of your prenatal records just in case you need to visit a doctor while you're away. If your doctor gives the green light, there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy your weekend trip. Just take it easy and listen to your body. Safe travels! https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

I flew to BKK during week 5-6. Doc said it’s usually ok to travel esp if it is just a short flight. The main concern is accessibility to medical care in case of any situation. Should be alright during first trimester as long as we be careful of what we eat, don’t carry heavy stuff and take rest whenever we need. Relax and enjoy your trip!

Read more
3w ago

thank you!

I travelled a lot during my 1st trimester. I was already 5w&5d when I knew about my pregnancy. Had to fly across countries (Hubby and I are international couple) and take long hours to sit on the bus approx. 2-6hrs. Just listen to your body, if you feel tired then rest. I'm currently 32 weeks now and both baby and me are healthy~

Read more

I did travel during 1st trimester, gynae said go ahead, no symptom of blood spotting, blood / brown discharge by all means. At my end, planned the less packed itinerary with more resting and limit food esp raw food, salad, fresh fruit juice. Rem to wear seat belt all the time when on flight.

Travelled to South Korea when I was week 7 for 2 weeks and have not visited gynae at that time. Was waiting for my appointment. Just becareful, stay hydrated and rest more if needed!

I travelled to bkk for biz trip n the doc says OK to go. Some ppl don't even know they are pregnant during the first trim

Should be no issues, just be safe with the foods u eat :)

less walking when travelling. rest more :)

TapFluencer

i did !

💕