NHU or NUH private

I'm a subsidy patient and always not comfortable with switching doctors everytime I visited 'g' clinic, was at my second trimester still considering to switch over to private patient ,anyone here nuh patient or any suggestions plan ?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there, I was at Clinic G as well until the start of my third trimester as I had to wait two months to get an appointment as a private patient in the NUH Women’s Clinic. Actually waiting times at Clinic G were comparable to that as a private patient. In Clinic G I was usually done within 1-1.5hrs of my actual appointment time, and as a private patient it varies from 30mins - 2hrs (happens when my gynae is on call). My average bill size every visit is about $180-$200 compared to paying $80-$90 at Clinic G, but my husband and I are more reassured now knowing that the same doctor who is following up on the growth of my baby, is the one who is going to deliver the baby too. The most popular female gynae at NUH private is Assoc Prof Su Lin Lin, but waiting time to get an appointment with her is about 3-4 months. My current gynae is Dr Chua Tsei Meng, and she is very motherly, experienced and friendly, you should be able to get a first appointment with her by year end. I’ve read that her sewing is excellent also, so recovery will be hopefully fuss- and problem-free.

Read more

I'm currently a subsidy patient in the same clinic. I have no problem with the switching doctors because - subsidy, but I do have the same doctor attending to me some time. The only thing I hate is the waiting time but again - subsidy and it also happens to private patient too from what I heard. It is really your choice to change. You can always tell them that you want to switch from subsidy to private. Then all the bills will be charged differently from subsidy and also the ward.

Read more
4y ago

Oh no... I feel so sorry for you. I had a heavy bleeding too last yr and NUH & KKH (went to both A&E) can't give me an explanation except for Duphaton to strengthen my pregnancy but it was a heartbreaking memory and I don't want to talk about it. This is my 2nd time as a subsidy there.

I was an NUH patient too. Discussed with hubby to go the subsidised route first then we switched to private at third trimester, cause I wanted a specific gynae to help deliver baby. But you got to book the gynae early if you decide to make the switch cause at that time, I had to wait about a month plus.. so I was still under subsidised till my next (private) appointment. Definitely save cost a bit cause each private appointment cost me more than $100+.

Read more
4y ago

thank you so much of the recommendation 😊

Hi, You can switch to private doctors if you are okay with spending a bit more

U may consider private if you dun mind spending a bit more .